Edgar Allen Poe Quotes


“We loved with a love that was more than love.” --from "Annabel Lee"

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."



"I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat"

"There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion."

"From childhood's hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone."

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality."

"There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion."

"It is a happiness to wonder; -- it is a happiness to dream."

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted -- Nevermore!"

Comments